Fight hunger…Erase your fines
This is your ONLY chance in 2014 to have your fines waived!
- Bring any non-perishable food donation to any Jackson County Public Library location.
- 1 non-perishable food item equals $1 or less in overdue charges forgiven.
Library cardholders with collection agency accounts may participate after paying the $10 collection agency account fee. All materials must be returned before the fines can be waived.
Last August, the Jackson County Public Library Food for Fines programs netted these fines waived and items donated to the local food banks:
- Seymour – $1,116.08 fines waived and 1,149 items donated
- Crothersville – $669.95 fines waived and 699 items donated
- Medora – $340.20 fines waived and 361 items donated
- Total – $2,156.23 fines waived and 2,209 food items donated
The items are divided and taken to Human Services, Anchor House and Provisions. These food banks are very low on supplies of food for hungry individuals in our county.
Please donate food and waive fines. You can even do this for someone else. Then he or she can perhaps check out things from the library while others can eat!